- Free entry to the museum, with reduced rates for up to three guests*
- Price concessions in the museum shop, a well stocked retail outlet with a substantial range of aviation-related items, books and magazines*
- Opportunities to take part in Society excursions to places of interest. Recent visits have included a trip to the RNLI College at Poole
- Occasional privileged access to Cobham Hall, home of the museum’s Reserve Collection
- A free copy of the SoFFAAM quarterly journal Jabberwock. This lively magazine includes articles of historical interest in the fields of naval aviation and associated military matters. It also gives a brief summary of the monthly talks and reports on excursions. Members are actively encouraged to contribute to the journal
- Monthly talks by eminent speakers in the field of aviation. Talks are held in the museum’s AgustaWestland conference room. There is a small charge for entry, which includes a light buffet supper and drinks. (Please note: some talks are TICKET ONLY events)
- The opportunity of becoming actively involved with the museum and its excellent volunteer training programme for explainers.
* Please note that these concessions are provided at the discretion of the General Manager and could be withdrawn or modified at any time.
How to Join
Joining SOFFAAM is straightforward. Simply print off the Membership Application Form (below) and follow the instructions.
The regular annual membership fee is still only £12.00 and we provide the opportunity for junior members to join at a reduced fee. We also offer Family membership for two adults and up to three children for a discounted price of £32 per annum.
We also offer life membership for a one-off payment of £180.00 (£90.00 for members over 60).