Jabberwock is the society’s quarterly journal in A5 format. It contains articles on many diverse subjects which is given freely to all SoFFAAM members. Generally based around exploits of the Fleet Air Arm through the ages, but the aviation assets of other services are not neglected.
Articles from editions over the years have included:
- 809 Squadron in Ark Royal
- Avro Bison and the Blackburn Blackburn
- Barracuda Salvage
- Captain Eric ‘Winkle’ Brown
- Displaying the Sea Fury
- Fairey Swordfish and U-Boats
- Floatplane to Damascus
- Gannets of 826 Naval Air Squadron
- HMS Audacity and the Gibraltar Convoys
- Operation Tungsten
- Origins of the Harrier
- RN aircraft Carrier losses 1939-1942
- RNAS Tiree
- RNAS and the Zeppelin threat
- Seafire at War
- Sea Change in the Pacific
- Sea Venom in a crisis – Suez
- Short Admiralty 184 Seaplane
- Taranto 80 – FAAM Remembers
- The destruction of L53
- The Albert Medal
- US carriers in UK waters
- Wildcats sharpen their claws
- Plus talks and book reviews and other information about the society’s activities.
Jabberwock 100 is a special edition published in August 2020 to commemorate the society’s 40th year and the publications 100th edition.
Specially produced to include extra pages and A4 in size was welcomed by the membership, so extra copies were procured to sell to the public at £4.00 including postage and packing.
To order a copy, click the PayPal logo below:
Click the button below to view a quarterly edition of Jabberwock: